The Avanti® Sorrento Coffee Plunger is an attractive and functional vessel for filtering your favourite coffee blend. Contemporary in design, it features a heat resistant glass carafe and sleek plastic frame design to protect hands and surfaces from heat and will complement any kitchen. The stainless-steel plunger contains a fine-mesh filter for premium extraction of the coffee grounds. The mesh filter delivers the coffee’s aromatic oils and flavours direct to your cup.
- 360ml / 3 cup capacity
- Borosilicate glass carafe
- Easy pour, drip free spout
- Durable solid stainless steel rod, filter and screen assembly
- Plastic frame design to protect hands and surfaces from heat
- Dishwasher safe
Use & Care
- Pre-warm the cafetiere by rinsing with boiling water.
- Using quality course coffee grounds, pour two level tablespoons per cup into the cafetiere
- Pour clean fresh water just off the boil into the cafetiere. (For optimum results never use re-boiled or stale water).
- Stir coffee lightly with a non-metal utensil, then place lid on cafetiere with plunger withdrawn.
- Leave to brew for 4 minutes. This important pause allows time for the grounds to release the essential oils and essences which produce the full flavoured, aromatic delights inherent in fine coffee.
- Finally gently depress the plunger until the knob contacts the lid.
- Serve within 20 minutes.
- To clean, separate the plunger assembly from the cafetiere.
- Clean the plunger assembly with warm water and washing-up liquid. A washing-up brush may be helpful in removing coffee residue from the mesh filter.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners and scourers when hand washing
- Wipe dry with a soft cloth.
- Dishwasher safe.